It’s time for a new episode in the Everyday Heroes series, and today I’m excited to introduce you to Sandy from California! Sandy’s story is particularly interesting because she became a vegetarian 40 years ago and then made a switch to veganism 20 years later, but still struggled with her health. Eventually Sandy took the leap and went fully plant-based. Not only did she lose a lot of weight since then, these days she also enjoys life to the fullest as an active hiker and a volunteer at an educational farm. Here’s Sandy’s story in her own words: 1. Introduce yourself: your first name, city, state. My name is Sandy and I live in Los Altos, CA which is in the middle of Silicon Valley. I am 68 years old. 2. What inspired you to go vegetarian, then vegan and eventually plant-based? I started reading about animal abuse and exploitation and became … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains