When Rob and I first went vegan, I was expecting to see our food shopping bill to go down since the expensive grocery store items like meat and dairy were out of the rotation. For the most part we started spending less on food, although buying pricier treats like vegan ice cream or cheese sometimes adds up. In the beginning of our vegan journey, we quickly learned the big rule of being vegan on a budget: cook your meals from scratch at home as often as you can, as pre-made food is always more expensive. More than 3 years have passed since I went vegan, and my list of tips for being vegan on a budget has expanded quite a bit. In preparation for today’s post, I also asked Vegan Runner Eats followers on Facebook to share their vegan budgeting tips, and combined our mutual vegan wisdom into a list of 15 money-saving tips for anyone. Hope that you’ll find them useful! … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains