If you’ve been following Vegan Runner Eats for a while, you’ve probably noticed that I’m a big fan of the health aspect of the vegan diet. I especially love it when the facts are presented by highly versed scientists and medical professionals who have devoted their career to studying the connection between plant-based diets and our health. This is why today I’m very excited to bring to your attention a recently published book by Dr. Garth Davis, MD, called Proteinaholic: How Our Obsession with Meat Is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It. To sweeten the deal, I’m also giving away one copy of Dr. Davis new book, courtesy of his publishing company! Dr. Davis has been one of my vegan health heroes for a while. An experienced bariatric surgeon from Houston, TX, he’s been a passionate advocate for a plant-based diet ever since he faced his own … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains