A couple weeks ago Rob and I went on a long-needed vacation to the Big Island of Hawaii. A while ago, we both agreed that we wanted to go somewhere warm at the approach of the cooler season here in the Pacific Northwest. Even though Hawaii wasn’t our first choice (we just went to Maui last year, and this time around we were considering Caribbean), we were glad that we decided to give it a go. Today I’d like to share with you our experience with finding vegan food on the Big Island in the hopes that you may find it useful for your own future travels. Last year in Maui we stayed at a condo that we booked via AirBnB. My favorite part about that condo was the opportunity to make our own meals a few times, which was way cheaper than going out to eat three times a … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains