I know it’s been a while since the last episode of the Vegan Kitchen Simplified series, but better late than never, right? Today I’d like to talk about the single thing that can improve your vegan diet from the health standpoint – cooking with no oil. Why would we want to cook with no oil, you may ask? In case you haven’t noticed, the subject of cooking with or without oil is one of the most polarizing among vegan chefs and cookbook authors. One school of thought believes that as long as all of the ingredients are cruelty-free, they are worth using in our kitchens, so hail to the vegan butter, vegan margarine, vegan shortening, all types of oils, etc. Another school of thought is convinced that using all of the above in your cooking on a regular basis will have a detrimental effect on your health, starting from chronic … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains