When I ran my first half marathon in 2011, nobody told me that afterwards I would experience the so-called post-(half)marathon blues. The big race day was over, life was moving on, and all I really wanted was to experience the exhilarating feeling of accomplishment again. I didn’t know what to do with myself – go for my next run? Give myself another day to recover? – so I chose to take it one day at a time. Within a month, I ran another half marathon, and within a year and a half, I did a total of seven half marathons and one full, all because running another race seemed like the next logical step. Here’s the deal: now that I’m done with my 3rd marathon, for the first time in my life I don’t feel that another running race is the next step on my fitness journey. Today I’ve finally … Read the rest of the post
Welcome to Vegan Runner Eats! My name is Alina, and I am a vegan of 4+ years who loves running, lifting weights, cooking delicious plant-based meals and writing about health, fitness, and of course food 🙂 Click here to find out more about me and this blog!
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Running For Two: 9 Lessons I’ve Learned About Running During Pregnancy
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains