When it comes to celebrating the start of spring with lots of great music, delicious food, and mingling with thousands of like-minded people till late at night, few places can compare to New Orleans during the annual Mardi Gras celebration. A couple weeks ago Rob and I got a chance to go to New Orleans just for that reason. We’ve been to the Big Easy many times before, including a few times since Rob and I went vegan, so it was only a matter of time before I finally wrote a post about our vegan experience there. When we lived in Alabama, New Orleans was just 2.5 hours away, and my first visit there happened during Mardi Gras weekend of 2011. A lot has changed since, most notably our move to the Washington State, but whenever we get an opportunity to go back to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, we always know that … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains