As someone who’s been working out for over half of her life, I have to admit that over the years, I’ve made a fair share of mistakes in how I approached fitness. I used to rely on tips from various fitness magazines aimed at women, bits and pieces of information I’d find on the internet, my own experimentation in attempt to defy conventional wisdom – all of this on top of my dietary manipulations (read: working out on an empty stomach, waiting to eat for at least an hour afterwards, and wondering why the heck my muscles weren’t growing). Am I the cluster of fitness wisdom today? Of course not – I still discover new information all the time, which includes learning about things I’ve been doing WRONG since the beginning. I’ve doubled down on my fitness aspirations about ten years ago, so today I’d like to share ten things … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains