In the fall of 2013, I was training for my second marathon – my first one since I went vegan. I was documenting every week of my training here on the blog, sharing my ups and downs so that other female vegan runners had something to relate to. Yet there was one incident that I didn’t write about. I was doing my weekly 10+ mile long runs in a quiet neighborhood across the street from our apartment complex in our then-home of Daphne, Alabama. The neighborhood funneled into a long, scenic road that was even quieter but oh so beautiful, with old live oak trees forming a tunnel over the roadway. Running along that road, with not a soul in sight, was very peaceful, and always cleared my head from busy day-to-day thoughts. There were also plenty of challenging hills, which I found beneficial for my marathon training. So one day, I … Read the rest of the post
Vegan Runner Eats Series
- Never Say Never: Why I’m Against Boycotting Non-Vegan Businesses That Offer Vegan Options (and a Few Cases When I’m For It)
- Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe – a Perfect Side Dish for Mother’s Day Brunch, Barbecues, Picnics, etc.
- 5 Microwave-Friendly Vegan Recipes for Any Occasion. Vegan Kitchen Simplified Series.
- New Recipe: Black Lentil and Ginger Borscht with Cashew-Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
- Our Vegan Experience in New Orleans During the Mardi Gras Weekend of 2017
Top Posts & Pages
No Meat Athlete Training Plan Package – from 5k to Half and Full Marathon
Search posts by tags:2013 Holiday Running Streak beans Caldwell Esselstyn Jr chickpeas cinnamon cooking tips dining out easy recipes exercise Fat Free Vegan fitness giveaways ground flax health inspiration Italian John McDougall kale marathon training Michael Greger motivation oil-free recipe plant based diet potatoes restaurant reviews Rock'n'Roll Seattle Marathon running running tips Seattle soups T. Colin Campbell Thanksgiving traditional cuisines traveling vegan vegan blogosphere vegan breakfast vegan dinner Vegan Kitchen Simplified vegan lunch vegan nutrition vegan wisdom vegetables whole food plant based diet whole grains